Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Uncle Chuck Forever

The night before I left, I had two different dates. One of them ended at about 4a.m. on the beach in Miami. I was flying out from the Miami airport, so I had it planned that way. I got high in the parking lot of the airport before going through the security checkpoint. This was before 9/11. I actually had a bunch of marijuana in each of my shoes. I put my shades on and walked through the airport. Once I got on the plane, I sat back with my shades on, music blasting. I watched a bunch of families getting on.

It’s Thanksgiving. Everyone is travelling. I’m looking at all of the dads carrying the car seats and the strollers. Babies crying. I just kept thinking to myself, “No way. That will never be me. I’m going to keep having nights like last night. Making out on the beach. Smoking weed. Uncle Chuck. That’s enough for me.”

That weekend in Wisconsin we had the annual Thanksgiving poker game at our house. All of my brothers friends came over each year to play. It has been going on for years. Now these guys were all bringing their wives and kids. I told them my story from the night before and just laughed. I’m glad you guys are happy and all, but no way. That stuff just isn’t for me. Thanks anyways!

No comments: