Friday, April 24, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Wow. Tomorrow I will turn 37. To say that when I was growing up, I NEVER expected to get that old, or to be where I am today, is an incredible understatement.

For so many years, I wanted to have everything come to an end, particularly me. Between depression and drug addiction, I did everything I could to cut my time here on earth short. Fortunately, God had other, incredible plans for me. Plans that I couldn't have dreamed of while I was growing up.

37. Married for ten years. Three kids. A job in the ministry. Living in Fort Lauderdale. Sober. I could go on and on, but the point is that each of these is an incredible gift from He who loves me.

I thank you for all the blessings you have given me. In Jesus name, Amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Chuck, I'm really proud of you! You have come a long way.. and you deserve to be happy! Happy birthday friend!